I really don’t like the name skull cap, but I guess that’s what they are — hats that stick close to the skull and its shape. Is a beanie different? I don’t know. But I do know that that is what I’m trying to make.
That wool that I dyed twice in olive-brown last Thursday did turn out too orange-y. So on Friday, I dyed it black, half strength, and it turned out just like I wanted — a nice chocolate brown.
He looks good, my sweet boy C.!
I’ve been working a little here and there since Friday on practicing the skull caps for Jeff and C.. The hat I made today fits C., which probably means it will be too tight for Jeff. I was modeling these wool hats from Ibex — Meru Skull Cap and Zephyr Skull Cap. Only I didn’t flatlock the seams like Ibex does. I used a wide 3-thread serger stitch and I coverstitched those down flat with a wide 2-thread coverstitch.
C. was rubbing his eyes; he didn’t want me to show this picture, but I’m going to anyway (sorry, C.) because it shows the top of the hat.