This information began in my Household Notebook, but I soon realized that it needed its own space. This is what I include in our Financial Binder:
- Pocket for bills & bill coupon books, extra blank envelopes, and stamp ordering envelope
- Pocket for things I must do or follow up on: insurance claims, rebate forms, etc.
- Printed forms to fill-in entries for our banking spreadsheet — date, payee, amount, check # or cash, etc.
- Pocket for receipts which must be logged in the printed form (above)
- *Monthly budget guide and savings schedule
- *List of bills, including: how much we usually pay, the billing cycle (monthly, yearly, bi-annually, etc.), what day of the month or which month(s) each bill is due, how it is paid (online, mail, phone, in person)
- *List of vendors (all merchants to whom we pay money), including: the reason we use them (phone, electric, etc.), their phone and address, our account number, the person with whom I usually speak, website URL, login, password, and other information that pertains to each.
*This page(s) put in a page protector.